Every day seems to have a special activity/meaning in 2018 and yes some of them seem silly (VCR Day??) I believe we should all have fun with them or at least know about them!
- VCR Day
If you still have one of these, whack it on and have a watch.
2. Chocolate ice cream day
If you needed an excuse to eat more ice cream, here it is, loud and clear. Here is Jamie Olivers recipe for making your own OR you could just go to Tesco…
- 100 g dark chocolate (70%)
- 300 ml full-fat milk
- 85 g sugar
- 3 free-range egg yolks
- 300 ml whipping cream
- Snap the chocolate into pieces, then place in a heavy-based saucepan with the milk.
- Heat gently, stirring, until smooth, then remove from the heat to cool slightly.
- Beat the sugar and egg yolks in a bowl until pale and thick. Stir in the cooled chocolate milk, then strain back into the pan.
- Cook the custard over a gentle heat, stirring all the time, until it thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Don’t allow the mixture boil or it will curdle.
- Pour into a bowl and leave to cool, stirring occasionally.
- Once cooled, whip the cream into soft peaks, and fold through the chocolate mixture.
- Churn in an ice cream machine, according to the manufacturer’s instructions, until it’s frozen.