Let’s be honest, you might hate Valentines on the surface but deep down you know you want to buy your loved one some overpriced Red Roses, a heart-shaped box of chocolates and string together a cheesy poem or two. It’s lovey-dovey but cute as hell too! So don’t sweat if you left it to the last minute, I’ve got some great ideas for you.
- Romantic movie night! Netflix, Amazon Prime or grab an old DVD. Some smash hits include Love Actually, Casanova, Romeo and Juliet, etc.
- The cinema!
- Order in a takeaway
- Make a cosy make-shift fort with pillows and blankets and watch your favourite series. (Supernatural is a good way to go)
- Cook a nice meal, drink some wine (or juice) and just enjoy each others company!
- Go for a nice walk, not everything on Valentines day has to cost money.
- You can go traditional with some roses, a box of chocolate and wine.
- A cute card never goes amiss, especially those that are handmade! I have bought one for my partner which is more funny than sweet and I will definitely share it with you all tomorrow (once he’s seen!)
- Make a balloon pop-a-thon. Have some fun, write some sweet love notes, pop them inside some balloons and blow them up. I like to string them from the central lights in the lounge and add glitter! Makes a mess but it’s great fun.
- Write a newsletter. Every month, you could write your partner a sweet newsletter (MailChimp) for FREE. Add photos together, write some notes. Free, quick and extremely thoughtful.
- Write 100 reasons why you love them.
- Bake some sweeties! Check out Pinterest for some ideas.
This post was part of a Valentines blogger countdown where each day up until Valentines Day you can check out 12 other bloggers pages! Check them out here:
Day 1 – Connie https://www.earthtoconnie.com Date ideas for Valentine’s Day
Day 2 – Deanna www.deannastilwell.com Valentine’s Day Makeup & Outfit inspiration
Day 3 – Lavrax https://lavraxlondon.com/ Edible and personalised gift ideas
Day 4 – Megan https://meganelizabethlifestyle.com Valentine’s Day Ideas for Singles
Day 5 – Macey www.twinklexthoughts.blogspot.com The Origin story of Valentine’s Day
Day 6 – Rach www.musingsofthephoenix.co.uk Valentine’s Day ideas for the family
Day 7 – Me – You’re here 😉
Day 8 – Shealea https://shutupshealea.com/ Sapphic romances that’ll make your heart soft on Valentine’s Day
Day 9 – Kerry www.kerryexplores.com Valentines gifts for travelers
Day 10 – Vicky www,crunchyleavesandsunsets.co.uk Mindful Date ideas
Day 11 – Divine https://readivinee.wordpress.com/ The Perks of Dating a Mood Reader
Day 12 – Soph www.sophisobel.com Valentines Day gifts on a budget / for students
Day 13 – Me, again. Hi.
Day 14 – Taiwo www.alifestylenerd.wordpress.com Best Romantic Movies To Watch!